01 02 03 lover of the light: Christmas cookies and student presents 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Christmas cookies and student presents

34
Hello lovelies! As I promised on my instagram account, today I'll share with you my simple recipe for Christmas cookies and way to decorate them and make small presents for everyone in your family. If you're a student who lives apart from his parents you already know that sometimes you just can't save enough money to buy everyone a gift (especially if you have a huge family like me). Every year I make something for everyone, last few years it was mostly Christmas cards or ornaments, but this year I decided to bake a huge amount of cookies, decorate them and wrap a few for every family member. Christmas is the time of the year to be grateful most of all, but also to give a token of affection to people who mean something you. Making other people happy makes me happy more than anything. I believe there's no better present then seeing someone smile while you give them something you made or bought for them. It's an opportunity to say thank you for everything someone did for you throughout year. So, here's my recipe for simple ordinary cookies that become extraordinary and magical with a little touch of color, decoration, sparkles and love.

SIMPLE ORDINARY COOKIES

You will need:
- 1 kg of smooth flour
- 30 dag of sugar
- 1 vanilla sugar
- 50 dag of butter
- 3 eggs
- baking powder
- lemon zest

1. Mix up flour, sugar, vanilla sugar and baking powder

2. Add softened butter (take it out of the fridge and leave it for a few hours to soften up or soften it up a bit in a microwave). Crush it in the dough and rub it with your hands until it's fully separated.

3. Put the lemon zest in and then add one egg at the time, mix it until the dough is flush

4. After your last egg, mix well until the dough becomes soft

5. Put the dough in a plastic bowl and chill in the fridge for a couple of hours

6. Separate dough in three parts and roll it to 3 millimeters, or even thinner if you want to put jam in between two pieces

7. Cut the dough with molds and put them into an oiled baking pan

8. Heat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius and bake them for 10 minutes tops

9. After the cookies are done use your imagination and decorate them as you wish :)

Considering the fact that this is a pretty huge mixture, I baked and baked and baked.. After I colored few of them I left them on the table to dry a bit.. When I was back I saw that my dog ate almost all of them! He can be such a little pig sometimes. Buuuut in the end I can say I am pretty pleased with the results. Half of them I merged together with jam and sugar and half I painted for little presents. Here are some photos :)



















All this together costed me less than 100 kn (15$) and I hope this little presents will make my family know I think about them and love them, to let them see how grateful I am for every single one and that someday when I finally get a job and earn enough money, that I'll buy them all something special and personal. :) Also, I hope this post inspired you to do something small but sweet for someone you love, and maybe try this recipe. Much love to you all sweet people, read you soon. S.
35 36 37 38